Friday, November 4, 2011

Hope...

I am usually the first to criticize the Disney channel people who start singing and then get all famous because apparently 12 year old girls rule the music industry. I have found my exception. I really like her voice and I like the song. It's not profound and deep and spiritual like Brandon Flowers or Gary Lightbody. It's simplistic. But right now, I need some simple in my life. And I need some strength. If I have to get my strength from the Disney channel, I'll take it.

I hope that I can be a skyscraper. I hope that one day I'll rise up. No matter how broken I get over the next few weeks. I hope that I can find the strength and worth in myself to overcome all the trials and tribulations that I have endured. I hope that I can remember who I am. I hope I can improve upon that and become better. I hope I can be an example to my children of someone who is strong and can keep their head high no matter the ordeal. I hope that I can once again view myself as someone of value. I hope that I can remember my humor. I hope that I can share that with other people. I hope I can be a good friend. I hope I can give my experiences and what I've learned to help someone else. All I can do is hope...


3 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

If I'm ever asked... I've never heard of this song. Much less listened to it. We're not even gonna talk about whether I liked it or not.

It's perfect for you. This is a song of strength and determination. Both happen to be characteristics that you posess. This sentiment embodies your life right now. Cling to it.


We never had this discussion.

Please don't let Livi hear this, she'll make me put it on the "girl songs" playlist and I'll never have a chance of being cool ever again.

FanStacia said...

Hahahahahaha...you totally liked it. Be the strong woman I know you are and admit it.

rebeldiamond said...

I. Liked. It.


there. that feels better.