Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happier things...

I was talking to Layney today and we decided that we both needed to start blogging more. About happy things. We are both relatively happy people, but a lot of our blog posts are an outlet for our anger and disdain instead of a place for us to share the good things in our lives. So we've decided to make an effort to change that.

Today, as I cleaned my house, I made it through because I kept thinking about one thing. That in 3 short months, my brand spankin' new awesome house is going to be done. I'm super excited for it. Sometimes, I lay awake at night thinking about how I'm gonna decorate it. I know it's probably silly, but I'm a girl so silly is acceptable. I have a bunch of reasons why I can't wait to move into the house and I'm going to outline them here.

I can't breath here. I know that sounds stupid, but this house is so small I literally get claustrophobic when we are all in the same room. Now, that doesn't happen very often and it's sad really because I actually enjoy my family, but it's just too many people in a little space.

I'm a bad mom in this little house. I feel like all I do is yell at my kids. One...because it's so small and they are always on top of me. Two, because they are on top of each other and are always getting on each others nerves and fighting. Three, there stuff seems like it's everywhere. Really, it isn't, but it is. I can't stand it.

Although the house is smaller, I'm constantly cleaning. When I'm able to spread the mess out over 5000 sq feet it'll seem a lot less overwhelming. Right now, I can't even kick it under stuff because there is other stuff there.

No dishwasher. Quite frankly, I must have had my head in my rear to rent a house with no dishwasher with 4 kids. Although, I am gonna miss watching Patrick do dishes at night. It's soothing. Shut up. It is.

This house smells weird. I don't like weird smells. Especially in the basement. The cupboards stink. I've cleaned and covered and every thing else I can think of. It keeps coming back. I need my own smell.

There will be no rooster. No Mariachi music. And, for the love of pete, no hacking.

And the number one reason I can't wait to move is that it will be me and Pats home. I'm all about things that are us right now. Getting rid of the old and bringing in the new. Well, minus the kids. I'm okay to keep them. For now.


2 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

ummm... I just downloaded a lot of Mariachi El Bronx? You no like for new house?

rebeldiamond said...

I'm in the same boat here... things are changing so much in our lives. I'm super excited for us.