Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Layney!!!

Once upon a time, that makes it a long time ago,  we were all blessed, and should give honor and thanks, because of the birth of a baby.  That baby grew up and become the wonderful person that is Layney.  She was a bit of a rebellious teenager.  But she's totally paying for that now with two teenage girls of her own.  Hahahahahahahahahahah.... Oh, and she has to go to girls camp.  And anyone who knows Layne knows that Layne doesn't do "roughing it".  But I digress...she loved boys, clothes, make up.  All the girl things.  But most of all, she loved music.  It was that love of music that brought us together.

Oddly, Layne and I met at girls camp.  We were sitting around a picnic table with a bunch of other girls talking about the latest pop stars and their cheesy new songs and Layne says..."My favorite song is Reel Around the Fountain."  Everyone looked at her like she was stupid because they obviously had no idea what she was talking about, except pour moi.  And I responded with "My favorite song is There is a Light that Never Goes Out." Then someone got stung by a bee on the lip, but we've been friends ever since.

Now,  we've been known to have entire conversations using nothing but lyrics from Killers songs.  I'm not sure if I should be proud or super embarrassed by that, but I'll tell you it can be done.   I consider myself lucky to have her as one of closest, dearest and OLDEST friends.  She has brought an immense amount of fun and laughter into my life.  She sat by my side through some of the hardest things I've ever had to do and didn't flinch while I was falling apart.  We've had our moments of displeasure with each other, like all friends do, but in the end none of that matters because the good that we have brought to each other far outweighs any of the bad.

I love you, my sweet and favalous friend.  I hope you have a most excellent day, dude.



No comments: