Sunday, June 26, 2011

wow. that went by fast...

It has been brought to my attention that this year, the Go-Go's celebrate the 30th anniversary of thier debut album Beauty and the Beat. 30 years is a lonnnnnnng time. 'Tis no secret that I love girls that can kick some hiney and these girls can certainly do that. They are revolutionaries who paved the way for women to rule in the world of rock and roll. Needless to say, they deserve a little attention and a lotta respect....Here's a tribute to some ladies who I happen to think are amazing. and plus, they sing good. Also- Belinda- if you're reading this, my brother in law Kevin in totally in love with you and has been for about 30 years. Give him a wink or somethin', will ya?




Here's a song that is an autobiography of sorts...

4 comments:

FanStacia said...

I don't be liking the go gos all that much. Belinda Carlisle has this weird shakiness to her voice. I feel like I'm having a seizure. Or surviving an earthquake. I also just totally squashed a mosquito on my arm as it tried to suck my B positive blood out of my arm. It's kind of ironic that my blood type is B positive when I'm depressed all the friggin' time. Maybe it's a sign from God that this isn't what my life is supposed to be like. Yeah, I think it is. From now on, I'm saying screw ya'll I have some B positive running through my veins. Then I'm gonna start singing the eww's from Don't Worry Be Happy just to stick it to them more. The end.

FanStacia said...

I just read in my useless knowledge that On August 22, 1849 Austria launched unmanned balloons carrying bombs with time delay fuses against Venice. It was the first use of aircraft in warfare. I wonder if that's where the 99 red balloon song came from.

FanStacia said...

So are McDonalds and spandex. Doesn't make it right. Just sayin...

FanStacia said...

And give me a break, seriously, the Go Go's paved the way for women to rule the world of rock and roll. I think not. Try Joan Jett, Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, Pat Benatar, my personal fave, Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders. The Go Go's. No No's. Yeah...I'm clever. I rhymed go and no. And probably spelled rhymed wrong. I don't even care. so HA!!!