Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy birthday, Lady Killer...

I have cool children. They dig good food, have great senses of humor and they have exquisite taste in music (for the most part).Today, my Little Man turns 9. He is exceptionally cool. When asked what he wanted for his birthday his swift reply was this: "An iPod Touch or a soccer ball or socks. Whatever you wanna get me, just... well nevermind." And he grinned like there was something he didn't want to tell me... "Just say it, whatever it is, I promise it's ok." He flashed his dimple at me and told me that he didn't really like it when I bought him clothes, because "you know...they just aren't like, kind of what I want?........" When my response of laughter came his warm blue eyes flashed with relief. Then he hugged me really tight and told me I was the best. The truth is, I am fairly awesome, but only because I have kiddos like him.

He got an iTunes card for Christmas and you know what cd he chose to download? "Singles" by Travis. He insists that his first concert will be with me, the next time The Killers are in town ( I would imagine he'd be happy if I footed the bill as well). He loves it when I sing him to sleep. He has two songs that he picks from- "Tidal Wave" and the Abbey Road version of "Sam's Town"- I don't know why those are his favorites, but they are. He loves snazzy sneakers, clothes, and annoying his older sisters while doting on "his baby". He's complex, beautiful and super smart.

My life almost ended the night his began, but he is worth it. He truly is a lady killer with the heart of an angel.

Here's one of his favorite songs...

2 comments:

Alicia Yvonne said...

cuteness :) Happy birthday little man!

FanStacia said...

Happy Birthday Ian. And he totally gets his taste in music from his Aunt Stacy. His mom didn't even know who Travis was until I told her.