Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blink is baaaaack!

I've been listening to this album for about a week now. While short (only 49 minutes!), In my opinion, the album does not disappoint.

I think after 8 years, Tom, Mark and Travis have come back strong. it's got a lot of the classic Blink sound, but they've added synths. I hear some nods to my favorite black haired, lipstick wearing band the Cure in here too.

I've read reviews, and they are not all positive, but I like it. To me, it's the Blink 182 we know and love, but a little more grown up. You can certainly hear a very similar sound to Tom Delonge's other band, Angels & Airwaves, which I think that some die hard blink fans might have issues with.

I struggled with the decision of what song to play in this post, I didn't wanna play something that is on the radio right now, I prefer deeper cuts. But it was also important for me to capture the sound of the whole album in one song as much as I could. So naturally, I'm gonna play a couple...

Enjoy.




2 comments:

FanStacia said...

I've never been a huge blink fan. I like I miss you and that's about it. I am a Mark Hoppus fan though. :)

I do hear angels and airwaves in it and that makes it better for me.

rebeldiamond said...

I'm a huge fan of Hoppus. He's funny and hot. Two qualities I happen to quite admire in men.