Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Today is a special day.

It happens to be the birthday of someone very special.

Sting.

I like Sting. He's so talented. He's like 60, and looks amazing. His longevity in the music industry is legendary. And anyone who plays the Double Bass is just. plain. awesome. Period.



Come to think of it, there's someone else who shares this special day with Sting. This person is courageous and strong. She does not play the Double Bass, but still somehow, remains cool. She has been part of my life for many, many years. She has made me laugh when I wanted to cry. She stood by me when she thought I was being stupid. That's a good friend.

She has made some tough choices recently. Choices that I questioned and worried over. I love her and I love her family. I want them to all be ok. I think they will be, but the backlash she is experiencing is not comfortable. One thing I admire about her is that in the face of all this, she remains true to her feelings and stands for what she thinks are good, long term decisions for herself and her family. I wonder if I can be that strong... not sure that I could be. I have hope though, after all these years, that she has been able to teach me and impart some of her courage unto me.

anyway.... Happy birthday, dear friend. You are loved. A lot.


Here's your boy singing a special song just for you.

2 comments:

FanStacia said...

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. This song.

Iron Knight said...

Those are some great words, Layne.