Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Post Valentines Day Rant

I'm not really sure why I'm sitting here writing this. I guess I just feel inspired. Valentine's Day really is a terrible day. I think it should be banned. And here's why. It has this horrible way of reminding people that they are alone. Even when they don't think they are. My friends google status this morning said...Why does love hurt so bad? My response was...Because you're loving the wrong people. I don't necessarily believe that. Someone can be very right, but if they are incapable of love themselves, it really only affects the person trying to give them a piece of themselves. You can do everything. Love so deep that it hurts and empties you of everything that you are. But if they don't know how to love it's not going to matter.

Here's my advice to my friend...Pull yourself out of the picture. Look at the past for a minute. How many people have loved this person? And how many times have those relationships failed even though he said he loved them in return? Even if he is in one now, it will ultimately fail too because he does not know how to love. He knows how to have fun and have sex and give surface emotions, but that's not love. Any man who will tell you that he loves you and do a full about face within a week DOES NOT LOVE YOU!!!! I don't care what the excuses are. He has no clue what it means to love and probably never will. Any man who will willingly do things for his own carnal pleasures, knowing that if they ever come to light will hurt you, doesn't love you. It's hard. But it is time to walk away. Fall flat on your face. Wallow there for as long as you need. And then slowly lift yourself back up. If the desire strikes to try to 'refriend' this person, fight it. You will only be let down again. (Hopefully it won't be finding out that he slept with one of your friends while telling you that he loved you and then hiding it for months without ever giving you a thought.) But anyway...Don't do it. Let bygones be bygones. And look wholeheartedly to your future.

I hate Valentines Day. I hate that chocolate makes me fat. I hate that there has to be a day set aside for love. Everyday should be for love. If you love a person, you want them happy everyday and you do everything you can to make them that way. And it doesn't come and go. Love is a burning, powerful eternal force that doesn't just go away. It lives on. And it drives us to make the person we want or have in our lives feel like they are special and irreplaceable. It doesn't hurt. I don't care what anyone says. It lifts us and makes us strive to be better. It makes us whole. It makes us smile so much our face actually hurts at the end of the day. It gives us meaning and purpose. It makes waking up every day worth while. It feels amazing.

If that's not how you feel. It's not love. And most likely, it never was. Don't be a victim anymore. Let him know that you are strong and beautiful and good. And far better than anything he deserves. That the amazing love you have to share was wasted on someone like him. Then walk away with your head high. I love you.

4 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

wow. That was deep. and thoughtful. and appropriate for those who need to make decisions. I'm proud of you- that was very well said. the song wasn't too bad either.

amberd. said...

Wow. I'm stunned. Very well put sweet friend. I know, I know, I know. I know it a billion and one times. WHY is it so hard? I deleted his phone number out of my phone this morning. Progress. I'm slowly making progress. *sigh*

I love you and miss you more than you know. I know it's cliche', but I do. I miss the wisdom and bouncing things off of each other. I'm glad you wrote this. It is good for me to hear.

I think I'm gonna go cry now.

Love you much.

FanStacia said...

Why are we always the ones doing the crying? That sucks. I'm sick of crying. It messes up my make up and makes my eyes swell. Boo on crying.

FanStacia said...

Why are we always the ones doing the crying? That sucks. I'm sick of crying. It messes up my make up and makes my eyes swell. Boo on crying.