Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Home Sick....

I've been really homesick lately. Not for New England, even though it's beautiful and all my family is there now, good ol' VA will always be my home. I grew from a gawky teenager to the wicked bombshell I am today on those streets. I miss clamming with Rebecca on Langley then going for chili at the 'O' club. I miss picking up Layney at Monteys Penguin and then getting into way too much trouble. I miss dunkin' donuts at 5 am on Buckroe Beach watching the sun rise. I miss watching fireworks every 4th at Mt. Trashmore with my family. I miss Bluebird Gap Farm. I miss getting up in the morning and saying hmmm....Water Country, Busch or Kings Dominion and then throwing a cooler in the car and going. I miss Melissa Mansfield Fiero. That was a fun car. I miss Pizza Hut after football games. And Chilis after choir concerts. I miss the heat and the sun. The sun so bright that you can't open your eyes all the way. I miss all my friends that are still there who keep asking me when I'm gonna come back to visit. One day...I promise.


Anyway...this band epitomizes my summers in my 1988 Chrysler LeBaron. Love them. And I love VA.



3 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

Man I loved that car. We were hell on wheels. The world was at our fingertips and we could do anything.

I miss those times so much it aches. The smell of the salt water in the air, so thick you could cut it with a knife. The steamy nights we spent with the radio blaring and the wind in our hair. Falling in love. Falling out of love. Falling back into love. Growing up there was awesome. We used to do homework on the Yorktown Battlefields. You can't teach that kind of history. Concerts at the Insect Club (boy my parents still talk about that "horrible place" that I used to go to...LOL) Seeing Hickey Necklace atthe Boathouse. My best friend beside me and no worries.

And there is no song in the world that measures up to "There is a Light That Never Goes Out". Period.

To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die.

rebeldiamond said...

Oh and let's not forget Fire and Ice- How many pan seared sea scallops can two skinny girls eat? And then we had to top it off with Heathers Passion.



And let's please not forget the crappy 7 Eleven pastries and Yoohoo's. Many a problem were solved over a Yoohoo and a cheese danish.

FanStacia said...

Ugh!! We were so nasty. How did we drink that? It's basically chocolate water. Gavomit!!!