Friday, March 11, 2011

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

I love the sun. Thank goodness it's been out the last few days. Even though the weather change did give me a head cold, I can't bring myself to care. I love going out into my backyard and laying on my porch swing. I still wrap up in my snuggie cause it's not really that warm yet. But to just lay there with the sun on my face has felt amazing.

This winter has been long. And hard. And dark. I'm ready for the sun. I'm ready to stand in the middle of the park and turn my face to the sun and put my arms out to the side and turn around in circles until I fall down. I'm ready for all the things that spring time brings. That warm fresh scent of clean air and hyacinths. Cool breezes and warm sun. Being able to open up the windows of the house and that openness. No longer being cooped up. Rebirth and renewal. I love it. And I feel like I'm among the things being renewed. I've grown a lot this winter. But the one thing that I think I have learned and taken to heart is that no matter what happens life goes on.

It always has and will continue to do so no matter what happens. One of the greatest lessons I have learned over the past few months is being able to see things from anothers perspective and not just mine. Even if I feel I'm right, to be able to step outside myself and understand why others think they are right. And accept that their reasoning is just as valid as my own. To not be so hasty in my reactions. I hope I can continue to do that. It's a great lesson for me to have learned.

I hope the spring brings continual peace and renewal. And if it doesn't I just need to remember to learn the lessons I'm meant to learn and that life goes on...

3 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

I love it. I hope that Spring brings you the happiness you deserve.

Why do I have a sudden urge to bleach my hair and put on a a red satin dress?

FanStacia said...

Good song, huh? I like Noah and the Whale. I hope this song gets them the recognition they deserve.

You got heart! And you're going your own way. Makes me smile.

rebeldiamond said...

I love it. They deserve recognition.

I'm proud of you.