Saturday, April 30, 2011

One cannot live on vegan sandwiches alone.

Never a truer statement has been spoken.
According to my hubby, one should never even touch a vegan meatless burger, but because he doesn't have a big ass, his opinion doesn't count on this particular subject. But, I digress.

I cannot live without a lot of things, but music is at the top of my list. I love it. A lot of the music I have enjoyed over the years has shaped me into who I am today. I also enjoy a fairly wide variety. Recently, a friend was stunned because I asked to borrow her Eminem CD. My closer friends wouldn't have been so shocked, but it kind of took me aback and I asked her why that was so surprising. She didn't have a clear answer, just that I did not seem like the type of person who listened to rap. I got a lil bit o' ghetto fabuless in these veins, baby. And don't even get me started on the Beastie Boys....

Today I'ma go back to my roots. Bands that influenced me from the earliest stages. Bands that we don't hear from that often anymore. They are icons and deserve to be celebrated. Unfortunately, some members are no longer with us, but I like to think they are looking down from heaven and smiling because they have not been forgotten.

Here's my first pick:

This song has been covered by everyone from the Cure to Bjork, to Fall Out Boy... they can't hold a candle to Ian Curtis though. Ian was a creative force to be reckoned with and gone too soon.


Here's another song that impacted me... I wouldn't say that it's my favorite Smiths song, but it was very influential to me when most of my friends were listening to Bell Biv Devoe. It summed up my feelings quite accurately.


This video freaked.me.out. But I loved it.


This video made me realize that girls could do awesome stuff.

1 comment:

FanStacia said...

Vegan sandwiches? Blah. Music choices? Muy Bueno.