Tuesday, February 14, 2012

And so it goes...

I thought it would be kind of fun to give you a musical rundown of sorts of mine and Patrick's time together. It has been a bit tumultuous at times, but I guess that's the beauty of relationships. Oddly enough, I have to give Facebook the credit for us being where we are today. Even though we had met before through mutual friends, that was where our relationship was fostered. It started out like this...



And I responded with "I'll hold your Coors Light on the back of your motorcycle while wearing a Utah hoodie and singing Chris Ledoux songs." Apparently that was all the sign he needed. But I still wasn't convinced. So, I said...



Well, he proved me wrong. The more time we spent together the better it was. And the beautiful thing was that we didn't have to be doing anything at all. Just being together was enough. I'm pretty sure there aren't words in the English language that could express how we felt about each other anyway.



Then next thing I knew...BAM...I was all smitten and stuff. I think it was the drunken text telling me that he loved me for the first time that won me over. Or maybe it was him telling me that he loves the way I love him. Or that I mean the world to him. Or any of the million other amazing things he does for me on a regular basis.



We have had a rough go of it at times. But we never give up on each other. We never let the other walk away. And I don't believe we've ever gone to bed mad. We always try to make it right. And that's difficult at times, seeing as we are probably the two most stubborn people on the planet. But what we have is real. And you don't walk away from that.



So, here we are now. We've made it through more in a short period of time than most people do in a lifetime. Divorce, illness, fights, kids, personal baggage and so much more. Yet, we're still standing...together. We've overcome so much and I know that we can endure anything together. As long as we have each other to give each other strength and love, to be each others beacon of hope and light for the future, to be each others greatest cheerleader and support, I know that we'll be together for at least a thousand years. And I'll love you even longer than that.



I love you, Smooshie. Happy Valentines Day.

12 comments:

Iron Knight said...

Absolutely, hands down the best blog post you have ever written. You smack every nail right on the head and managed to give everyone who reads this even just a glimmer of what we feel every day. I love you, shmoopy, always will.

Iron Knight said...

Also, I like every single one of these songs.

FanStacia said...

I love them all too. I had about 20 more. It was super hard to narrow it down. I love you too. You ARE my world. You make me happy to wake up in the morning.

FanStacia said...

See how I posted Country music? It's cause I love you. Also, Christina Perri...totally our song.

Iron Knight said...

:) and you're mine

rebeldiamond said...

I just totally threw up in my mouth. a lot of times.

rebeldiamond said...

plus- how do you go from bootylicious to alison kraus? Yu forgot the perfect song "bipolar love".

rebeldiamond said...

oh yeah- I misspelled you. on purpose.

rebeldiamond said...

I can't be mean. That was a lovely blog post. I'm really happy that you are really happy. For real. There was a lot of thought put into this post. I, for one, enjoyed the tour. I hope that your happiness is here to stay.

rebeldiamond said...

I can't hide it anymore. I FREAKING LOVE "She's In love With The The Boy"


What's meant to be will ALWAYS find a way. Period.

FanStacia said...

OMG!!!! Me too. It's a great song.

The Three Amigos said...

Love this. So glad you are SO happy!