Sunday, October 7, 2012

"...Send Me Away With The Words Of A Love Song...'

The first couple of times I heard this song I thought it was a pretty morbid thing to sing about.  Now that I've heard it several times, I can't help but love it.  It makes me wonder how I would be remembered.  What have I done in my life that would be worth celebrating?  Unfortunately, I don't come up with very much.  I have four beautiful kids that I'm pretty proud of, but if I'm honest I'm only mediocre at being a mom.  I'm a pretty good friend, but even that only extends to a handful of people.  While I was thinking about my friends the other day I wondered if any of them could even tell me what my favorite song is.  I don't think any of them could.  It's probably because I don't talk much.  I don't open up to people.  I don't trust.  I just don't.  It keeps me safe.

So,  in an effort of future preservation I wanted to take a few minutes to tell you about me.  My favorite color is pink.  Not for any particular reason.  It doesn't make me think of cotton candy or the womb or anything.  Maybe it's because I'm not an overly feminine person.  I wouldn't even classify myself as pretty.  I'm just an average girl with dyed hair and stretch marks from giving birth to four children.  And for some reason, pink makes me feel pretty.  Probably stupid but it does.

My favorite quote is by Audrey Hepburn..."For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."  I try to do these things as much as possible.  The last is the hardest by far.  Although, I struggle with speaking ONLY words of kindness too.  I say a lot of terrible things.  About myself and about others.  

I believe in God.  I may not consider myself a religious person, but I like to think that there is someone out there looking out for me.  And, I like having something to have faith in.  It makes it easier to have faith in a lot of other things as well.   Like love.  I have faith that it can overcome most anything if people are willing to try and not give up.  I also have faith that no one will actually read this blog post either.

I love my kids.  I love Maddis giggle and how her smile touches her eyes.  I love how Biz is so concerned about my feelings and how she always wants to cuddle me.  I love the pictures and notes Lilly draws for me. She is so thoughtful and kind.  And I love how Nathan tries so hard to protect me.  I love them all.

I love my husband.  I love how blue his eyes get when he's in the sun.  And I love the way he snuggles into my chest at night.  And I love the way his hair smells.  I love the way he holds me so tight that sometimes it's hard to breath.

And last but not least....My favorite song is A Dustland Fairytale by The Killers.  Those who know the song and it's background and meaning understand why.  Those that don't...well...it's just a really great love song.





2 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

what a great blog post. Thanks for sharing.

FanStacia said...

Thanks Layners. You fall pretty much square in the palm of that handful of friends.