Saturday, August 21, 2010

Simpler Times....

If you could go back and do it all again, what would you change? For me, it would be to not make huge life altering decisions while too young to have any clue what I was getting myself into. To stand up for myself and wants and dreams before they were so shattered that you can never put them back together no matter how hard you try. To be wiser in the friends that I chose. To remove the ones that were toxic to me before it was too late. And many many other things.

One thing that I would not change is some of the dear friendships that I have fostered over the years. The kind where you lose touch for 10 years, get on the phone one day and pick up right where you left off. If I didn't have my friends I would be totally alone and lost. That's a terrible way to spend your life.



And it seems like yesterday, it was just a dream. Those days are gone...just memories.

2 comments:

Layne said...

I for one, am grateful to counted among your friends.

Rusty Rae said...

I have to say that this touched me deeply.... as it will probably everyone!