Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane...

I love it when radio stations change their format overnight without giving you any warning. I went from listening to Utahs Alternative Station to Music for Generation X without skipping a beat. But I'm okay with that because I am generation X and they considered an over abundance of Erasure and Pet Shop Boys as alternative music, which it clearly is not. So, I'm in the kitchen this morning putting dinner in the crock pot when this song came on. It came out my sophomore year in high school. And they played it on 90210 a lot. Let's take a moment to remember Luke Perry in his younger days...




















Okay moving on... I actually never watched 90210 until after I had my first baby. When I was home alone all day with nothing to do,except sit around and hold a baby, which is awesome. But anyway...they showed all the reruns from start to finish on TNT or something like that. And I was addicted. I had become one of those people that I mocked relentlessly in high school, as an adult. I remember talking to Jeremy Farris, whom I had a ginormo crush on, on the phone one night and hearing the 90210 theme song playing in the background and I picked on him for watching it because it was such a lame show. Yeah, he never called me again after that.

Anyway... I love, love, love, love this song to this day.

10 comments:

Red Reffing said...

You like Jeremy Farris *and* watched a 90210 marathon as an adult? I'm not even sure where to begin babe.

Red Reffing said...

*liked

Iron Knight said...

What's the difference between alternative and music for generation x? Seriously, I don't know.

FanStacia said...

Alternative is an exclusive genre of music. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Bush etc..
Generation X is all inclusive music from the 90's.

FanStacia said...

Don't start with me. You just didn't like Jeremy Farris cause he was cooler than you.

Red Reffing said...

And that is exactly why I hated most of middle school and high school. Nice guys finish last and the assholes get all the chicks.

Red Reffing said...

It's possible I'm thinking of someone else. Medium length, dirty blond hair with some curl. Medium height and build.

It really is time I pulled those yearbooks out I think.

FanStacia said...

I don't really care about all that stuff. He played soccer. That makes him hot. :)

Matt said...

Jeremy huh? Interesting. I should see him in a week I will have to let him know.

M. Wood

FanStacia said...

MATT!!!! No bueno!! Don't be jealous, you were a close second. LOL!!!