Tuesday, November 23, 2010

P!nkalicious

I have come to learn that I am one of those annoying fairytale loving dreamers. It's actually quite hard for me to admit that because I like to think of myself as more hard than that. As someone who can say who cares and close off and walk away. Or as someone who can just give up on love. Who doesn't need it.

But alas, I was only deluding myself. Apparently I play the role of love sick sucka faaaaar better. And I'm okay with that. It's better than being jaded and poisonous to other people. As Nada Surf says..."Always love. Hate will get you every time." We do and say stupid things in the name of love. But we do far more damage to ourselves and others in the name of hate and anger.

So, I'm admitting that I'm a big fat liar when it comes to my "official" stance on love. It isn't for sucks. They don't deserve the time and effort it takes to make it last. And it takes a lot. And sometimes people screw up. And we need to make room for that and be forgiving and loving. Because if it's real, it's worth the effort to do it right.



Just don't stand there and watch me fall.

2 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

I love this admission. And I agree with you.


Oh and you totally need to check out Goldalicious. It's hard core like you.

Iced Grace said...

LOVE LOVE THIS!! Maybe we're actually stronger if we can take hits and keep on loving, instead of becoming jaded and angry? It's no fun being numb and hostile. I know, I've been there. As with my experience last night...it's enough for people who aren't being hostile to feel love. Prejudice will do the job just fine. It hurts so bad to keep a heart open, but maybe it will be worth it someday.
BTW, why do tequila farts smell like burritos?