Thursday, September 9, 2010

A few things I've learned...

I'm a firm believer that when crappy things happen you need to make sure you actually learn the lessons that come from it. Here are a few things that I have learned over the last few weeks.

1. Even if people have your best interests at heart, ultimately their interests come first. Survival of the fittest so to speak. Even though in a biological context, where that statement was meant to apply, that makes no sense. Because quite frankly, I can reproduce with the best of them. And I adapt to my environment pretty well. But anyway... You need to have a back up plan when things go amiss. And, you shouldn't place the whole of your future in the hands of another person.

2. I'm allergic to sage brush.

3. If you run in a thong for any great distance, you will suffer for it later. Just sayin...

4. I know who my true friends are. They're the ones who don't give up when you don't answer the phone or respond to texts. They're the ones who let you cry in their lap for hours and never once complain about the amount of snot and tears you're getting on they're pants. They're the ones that bring you protein shakes and homemade bread and granola bars because they think you're too skinny. They're the ones who drag you out of the house, even if it's just to the backyard, so you can actually see the sun. They're the ones who say nothing and just hand you a tissue when you burst into tears in the car for no apparent reason. They're the ones who'll tip the piercing guy and buy you coffee and stay up til 3 AM and sit around in their jammies all day with you. Love you so much.

5. You can't always run to momma. Sometimes you have to be an adult. Even if it sucks hard core.

6. You, and only you, can control your happiness. Yes, people can affect what happens around you and road blocks will always come up. But when push comes to shove it's a choice that you make. I choose to be happy. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to cry from time to time, but in the end I'm a happy person and it will always shine through the clouds.

7. McDonalds chocolate shakes at 2 in the morning...YUM.

8. Van Halen at excessively high volumes can cure pretty much anything life throws at you.






I felt I had to give play time to both David and Sammy. Probably my two most favorite Van Halen songs ever.

3 comments:

The Olsen Family said...

A girl after my own heart. Van Halen can pretty much make a shitty day better!!

FanStacia said...

Ross?

rebeldiamond said...

I love you. You are magnificent.


I hate sage brush


McDonalds is Satan, but their chocolate shakes are divine.


Van Halen has at least one song on most people's "life" soundtrack.... Whoever denies this is a liar. I'm talkin' to you Pat...even though I love your blue eyes and you're a teddy bear.


Um.... That is all.

Thank you and good night.