Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm feeling sort of ponder some today. Life is just so crazy. You never know what's waiting for you around the next corner. Relationships that you thought were forever crash and burn. New ones rise from the dust but are they the same? Scarred and burned as they are. Friends become lovers. Lovers become enemies. Strangers become your only strength. How in the hell are we supposed to survive?

I think people are an addiction. We become so used to having them in our lives, no matter how toxic, that when they are gone we can't function. Can't move. Can't breath. We crave them. There's no rapid detox for people. Just time and pain and healing. And the hope that eventually you'll be able to feel something besides them again.

I've said it before that it is so surprising to me how easily we can be replaced by some. It's like the time and love and effort you poured into something just isn't important anymore. You're not needed because someone or something new has come along. I don't understand people like that. I don't understand the callousness that leads to that kind of behavior. How you can just be shut off, boxed up, and put out on the curb.

We all have a weakness. Some of ours are easy to identify. Mine is trusting to easily. And loving to quickly. And hurting to deeply. I hope it doesn't turn me into something that I'm not.

No comments: