Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Mid Year Theme Song Change...

I was just thinking to myself this morning how quickly things can change. Seriously, overnight. Almost like that annoying radio format change only with a lot more personal consequences. I usually like change. It means progression. But sometimes before you can fully embrace it, you have to mourn the loss of what you knew before. I'm still sad, and I don't know that I'll ever fully understand, but I really have no more tears left. And quite frankly, my eyes have been so swollen from crying the last few weeks that they got squinty and I looked more Korean than Brenda.

And I have to think that even if it wasn't enough, I did the best I could. I know I'm an amazing friend and a good person. And one day I'll find someone who wants me for everything that I am. And my amazing chicken pot pie. Just sayin...

Until then I have Ryan Star to remind me to take my day with a smile. Because the one I have is pretty fantastic too. Infectious almost...

2 comments:

rebeldiamond said...

You friggin rock. And I like it when you smile. Coincedently, I also happen to be a fan of chicken pot pie. It makes you all warm inside. Kind like how I feel when we are together... Minus the peas... Not a fan of them since the 9th grade when I was the head surgeon in biology class. Poor lil fetal pigs....

I could use some of your chicken pot pie about now...and definately a smile or two

FanStacia said...

I'll bring the chicken pot pie and you bring the chocolate cake. Deal?

I would also like some sharp cheese, triscuits, grapes, chips and salsa, a steak chalupa and a bottle of beringer. Thank you. I guarantee you'll see me smile after that.