Friday, December 24, 2010

Just some random thoughts this holiday season...

One of my favorite Christmas songs is Tonight is Christmas by Alabama. If you look over my last few posts I have a lot of favorite Christmas songs. Deal with it. I like Christmas music. Anyway...The chorus says...Tonight is Christmas. Tonight is Love. Tonight we celebrate Gods one and only son. Tonight there's hope for peace on earth eternally. Tonight is Christmas and the worlds in harmony. I love this for two reasons. The first is hope. I think we all lose that over and over again. Life hands us so many trials and tribulations that sometimes we lose faith in ourselves and what we can do. I know I do. Sometimes I feel like I can't do anything right. And a lot of days I don't. But then there are those days when I do. Even if it's just making someone laugh. Or just feel comforted for a moment. We seem to forget the innate goodness that we possess while dealing with day to day life. But every once in a while someone comes along and reminds you of the potential that you have for good. I hope everyone finds that person at some time in there life. The second is that no matter where you come from or what you believe or how much money you make, or don't. There is a feeling of peace and harmony on Christmas. I think we all know that it's a sacred night. And even if it's not for you, there's a certain respect that is silently spoken for those that do. I love that feeling.

My next random thought is why would anyone buy a car with black plastic door handles? It looks so cheap. They should all match the color of the car.

Why do people come into your life at certain times and not others? It can't all just be random. Everyone has different gifts. Are we guided to each other to share what we have when they or we need it? I'm curious.

I would also like to add Kenny G, Michael Bolton and Aaron Neville to my house dropping list.


I want to tell all my brothers how much I love them and how proud I am of all of them. I have the best baby bros in all the land.

Frozen pie is just wrong. And it's true however you choose to interpret that.

Okay...that's all.

No comments: