Monday, December 13, 2010

More Bad Boy Ballads...

Heretofore known as "The Soundtrack To My Broken, Brittle Heart."

I was always the girl who dumped people. I was dating a guy and then all the sudden he ran away with my best friend who also slept with my brother, but I digress. Anyway... After I got rid of that idiot, there was this beautiful boy that asked me to dance, and for the next several months we were inseparable. Our song was "To Be With You" by Mr. Big. He requested it to be played especially for me when he asked me out. He was big, strong, and drenched in Drakkar.

Then he broke my heart.

I have only had my heart broken the one time. That was plenty. After that, I never let anyone in until I met my husband (and he proved himself). I was in love. He was sweet and kind and thoughtful. He made me a mixed tape with some really awesome tearjerkers. I'm not sure you ever really get over your first heart ache... You heal, you go on and eventually you even love again... but there's a fracture there that I'm not sure ever fully heals. Pain like that changes you, and not always for the better.

I prefer to use pain to make me stronger, but I still have an achy feeling when I hear certain songs. So naturally, Ima play them now. Enjoy.











2 comments:

FanStacia said...

I forgot about Without You. That was one of my favorite songs in 8th grade. Sweet post Layney.

rebeldiamond said...

awww thanks, babe.