Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cleo's Top five favorite songs of 2010. Trust me. It's good.

There are certain songs that you can listen to over and over and never get tired of. I ain't so crazy as to listen to the same thing for daaaaays like Stacia do, but you know... she be special and stuff.


Shall we begin the countdown?


Number 5- All of This- Blink 182 Featuring Robert Smith

Love this song. I WILL find out who Holly is... eventually. Plus- Y'all know I love Robert Smith. I was gonna do Crystal Castles' Not In Love, but Stacia stole it. If you haven't heard it, it would behoove you to do so.






Number 4- Anya Marina- All The Same To Me

Her voice is pretty. And the music makes me happy. I love love love the horns. Plus- I'm not even gonna lie. I heart Vampire Diaries. Damon Salvatore is hottttt.






Number 3- Marina and the Diamonds- I am Not a Robot

This is a great one... I wanna see her in concert. Me likey. A lot.
And I think you will too.






Number 2- Sins of My Youth- Neon Trees

One of the best new bands... I hope that 2011 brings them to me so I can jam with them. Plus, I'm totally friends with 3 of them on Facebook. I'm just that cool. Also- we go to the same church. Not to mention, Branden and I share the same birthday. Coincidence? I think not. It's simply meant to be. I have to hang out with them. And we all have sins from our youth, don't even try to act like you don't know what I'm talking about.






Number 1- Brandon Flowers- Right Behind You

I actually had a difficult time choosing who deserved to be my number one. But, I am a loyal girl, and I do love me some Bflow. He could sing me the classifieds and it'd be sexy and full of great meaning. Yeah, he's pretty, but more than that he stands for goodness and his music is inspiring. While clearly uncomfortable being a "representative" for the things he believes, he does not shrink away from the tough questions. I do seem to single Brandon out, but really I love all four of The Killers. I just seem to connect with him a little bit more. He's had a bittersweet year... his mom died, he and his wife are expecting another baby, and he made a solo album and went on tour without his boys to support him(um... can we say scary?) Unless you count Ronnie showing up in Salt Lake- that was, well, killer....And I believe that this solo album is pretty darned close to his heart, which makes him even more vulnerable and brave. This is an amazing song. The message is so uplifting and powerful. It has gotten me through some tough stuff and I'm grateful for that. I love this stripped down performance.




I hope all my musical peeps are reading this... Gimme some good choices for 2011! Finally, those who know me must realize how difficult it is to only pick 5 songs, so I must add an honorable mention. Check out Bloodbuzz Ohio by The National. You'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

FanStacia said...

Good choices Mi Lady. Now it's time to choose theme songs again. It kills me every year. I had two honorable mentions that I didn't mention. Dig by Incubus and Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap both fantabulous.

rebeldiamond said...

ok... well let us think. We can work together, and find the perfect ones. Let me know if you have any ideas.