Monday, January 17, 2011

I love this song- Three Wishes- The Pierces

I have been melancholy lately. Mainly I'm missing some peeps that I love. Also, I'm standing in the middle of an intersection and I'm not sure which road is going to take me where I want to go. If you know me, you know what a huge deal this is because I have a superb sense of direction. And I like to know stuff. I don't know stuff right now. I'm not sure when I will be let in on the secret, either.
I'm getting ready to register for school and I'm nervous about it. What if my 13 year old is right and I am too old? And I am technically a blonde, you know.... so there's that. I didn't like math the first time I tried to do it.

I was able to talk to my sweet friend today, and she is really dumb in her own life, but gives great advice to others. And I can say that because she knows I love her and also because it's just plain true. She has a great heart and it gets her in trouble sometimes. But she knows this and loves anyway. I wouldn't change her for the world. She has my loyalty forever. She just needs to listen to me instead of her. But She makes me feel better and for that, I'm grateful.

I love the lyrics of this song. They are so true. If our hearts were iron we wouldn't get hurt. There are drawbacks- I get it. But people are mean. And I am soft. No one really knows that because I am strong. It has been my experience that the people who profess their greatness are the meanest ones. There is a quote by Maya Angelou that says something like when people tell you who they are, believe them. I used to think this was always true, but I've learned that it isn't. Whatever. I guess we learn by getting hurt. We cannot build an armor around us because we would never love. That would be sad. So it's better to deal with crap that we don't like than to be isolated. We can't have everything we want. It isn't prudent.

The intersection I'm standing in has a couple of great roads. I could be happy down any of them. But I gotta find the best road, and that road will have potholes. I might fall down and scrape my knee, probably more than once... but when I reach my destination it will all have been worth it. And that is what I have to focus on.

If we never have bitter we cannot know delicious. And that is the truth.





***Disclaimer- apparently this has been featured on "Gossip Girl". I didn't know that. I'm cool enough to have found this on my own.

That is all.

4 comments:

FanStacia said...

You're a smart girl. You'll figure it out. Just don't let the small mindedness of others get you down. You have the capacity to do great things. All on your own if needs be. I love you. Be strong.

Iced Grace said...

LOVE that song...Thank you for finding it! I've tried all my available roads and got more than scraped knees...decided to go off-roading and cut my own path. I pray you have better experiences than I have.

Iron Knight said...

Hey, wanting to be let in on the secret, I know that feeling.

rebeldiamond said...

thanks, guys. It's sometimes just good to know that other people have been there too. Doesn't make everything better, but it helps.

Things are looking up... I'll keep you posted.

I love you too, sweet friend.