Thursday, January 6, 2011

Theme Songs Should Never Suck

I usually don't have a difficult time choosing a them song. I have quite a voluminous iTunes acct. and I'm always listening to something new. I have gone back and forth between several songs over the past few days. I'm not gonna lie- some of them just weren't great. And since I am fairly awesome- I really need a song that suits me.

I'm happy, but not obnoxiously so.

I'm hopeful, but realistic.

I love life, but sometimes it's really difficult.

I have great friends, but still find myself lonely. Too often.

I am strong and tough, but soft and sweet.

"You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been
A place that has to be believed to be seen
You could have flown away
A singing bird in an open cage
Who will only fly, only fly for freedom
Walk on, walk on
What you got they can't deny it
Can't sell it or buy it
Walk on, walk on"


The key is to remember how great we are. There are people who can't handle greatness. You know what I say to that?
Nothing.
I just walk on. Because no one can take what I have. Ever.
Stand me up at the gates of hell- do everything you can to make my life suck. You can only hurt me for a minute. 2009 and 2010 proved that to me. I was surrounded by people who wanted to sabotage me. They hated me. They honestly tried to make a certain part of my life a living hell. Their successes were minor and very short lived. You wanna know why? Because you can't keep me down.
I'm gonna get up, dust off, and walk on. Always.

1 comment:

FanStacia said...

I love that song. very nice my friend.