Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Sun Always Shines. Always On Time...

Yesterday morning I woke up to a quote on my phone that my sweet friend Mandi sent to me. It said. .."Everything will be okay in the end. If it isn't okay, then it isn't the end." I think she was inspired to send that to me because the night before was really bad. I really had given up on myself and everything else for that matter. Sometimes its just so much easier to focus on the negative and the things that stink in our lives then it is to see the bright spots. A lot of times that's because those bright spots just get covered up in so much of our other crap. And sometimes we just don't want to see them anymore. It's easier to wallow and give up than it is to stand up and fight. But unfortunately, that's the cowards road. And I am no coward. Except when it comes to spiders but that's not really relevant.

I think it's important to remember that even through the darkest of times that the sun always shines. Maybe not as bright as we would like it too, but it does shine. And it gives us light to follow no matter how faint it may appear to us. And there are people in our lives who give us light as well. And it's okay to follow their light for a while, until ours is bright enough to lead us down our own path.

I have amazing people in my life. And some super crappy ones. The key is to be able to separate the two. No matter how you may be connected. Blood doesn't make one better than another if they don't have your best interests at heart. You will know the people who love you because they are the ones who are willing to stand between you and the fire storm. And who love you even if you are dead ass, stupid as hell wrong.

My point is...hard times come to everyone. And we fall and lose our way. But don't be afraid to stand back up. Do the best you can and rely on those around you when you can't do it alone.

4 comments:

Scott and Mandi said...

You can rely on me any time. I really believe in that quote too. Hang in there. And I love you no matter what.

FanStacia said...

Thanks Mands. I love you too.

rebeldiamond said...

I have loved you for a lonnnnnnng time. And I have done stupid crap right along side you. You are one of the most amazing people in my life. The people who can't see that don't know you. Simple as that.

We all make mistakes. That's one of the things we're here for. The secret to happiness is forgiveness. And that includes ourselves.

Look through the trees and you will see the sun.

It's there.

Iced Grace said...

I see where a lot of my comments lately can come across as really negative. Yes, I do have to fight off some negative thoughts, but overall it's really a tendency to be very realistic. Some things that are easier for me to accept because I had to learn to survive and can now just say "here 'tis" seem like I'm downing myself or other people (most men, on the other hand, need to grow up in the relationship department, and that's why I'm abstaining indefinitely. It doesn't mean I think I'm not worthy of them...faaar from it! And also, I realize (hope) there may be some decent ones out there for my girlie friends, even though I'm too shell-shocked to trust for a second there's any left for me to have!) Anyway, my point is, hope I didn't contribute to your melancholy but contributed to your recovery, or just had no effect...that's a good route to escape. LOVE YOU THOUGH!!!!